Immerse yourself in exotic Old Shanghai décor.
The luxurious ambiance is inspired by the Shanghai French Concession era.
Our five story building comfortably accommodates 320 guests.
Pioneer of Shanghai cuisine
Established in 1955, Jogenro is one of the oldest Shanghai restaurants in Japan. The spirit of the 1920's 'Old Shanghai' is still very much alive today. Back then, life was extravagant, flamboyant, exciting... Shanghai truly was what people referred to as the 'Paris of the East.' The intricate details throughout the building reflects this era. Lose yourself in our mysterious and glamorous setting.
Classic meets modern Shanghai cuisine
- Our menu is a collaboration of classic dishes and exciting flavors. Internationally, we have been recognized by the Miele Guide as one of Asia's finest restaurants. Locally, we have won numerous top prizes at the Yokohama Chinatown Food Festival.
Our History, Our Message
- World Class Cuisine and Warm Hospitality
- Jogero has been managed by three generations of the Fong and Jin Family women since the restaurant's founding in 1955. Our unique history is reflected in the fine attention to detail in our food, ambience, and service. We take pride in making our guests feel right at home.
Our mission is to provide guests with an exceptional dining experience, in a nostalgic yet modern atmosphere.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- The founder with the statue of the god of wealth.
- At Yamashita park, in the 1960's.
- The first and second generations (age 5).